Charles Liu, MD
3650 E. South Street
Lakewood, CA 90712
Phone: (562) 232-3910
Fax: (562) 232-3204
- Fellowship: University of Southern California Affiliated Hospitals, Spinal Surgery, Los Angeles CA
- Internship: University of Southern California Affiliated Hospitals, Surgery, Los Angeles, CA
- Residency: University of Southern California Affiliated Hospitals, Neurological Surgery, Los Angeles, CA
- Medical School: Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven CT
About the Provider
Dr. Liu received his undergraduate education in Chemical Engineering at the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor before completing his PhD in Chemical Engineering/Bioengineering at Rice University. He then attended the Yale University School of Medicine before training in neurosurgery at the University of Southern California. He is currently professor of neurosurgery, neurology, urology, biomedical engineering, and kinesiology and physical therapy at USC. He is also the Director of the USC Neurorestoration Center, a unique effort aimed at functional restoration of the human nervous system. He is also chair of the department of neurosurgery and orthopedics at Rancho Los Amigos National Rehabilitation Center. He has also provided leadership to create the USC Epilepsy Care Consortium, a unique effort to integrate the healthcare ecosystem for epilepsy care that ties together almost one third of all the National Association of Epilepsy Centers certified centers in CA. He serves as the principal neurosurgery consultant for the USC Trojans Athletics Department. He also serves as the Editor-in-Chief of the Journal of Clinical Neuroscience. He is a recognized expert in complex cranial and spinal neurosurgery.
Dr. Liu is now accepting new patients and most major insurance plans.
Dr. Liu speaks English, Mandarin and some Spanish.
- Adult Brain Tumors
- Brain Aneurysms
- Spinal Stenosis
- Cranial defects and deformities
- Spinal tumors
- Brain Trauma
- Spinal Trauma